Friday, November 13, 2009

9:30AM on Day 5 - almost gone




Wow, these guys are fast. They got power tools going this morning and grinned when I came over to see their progress. As I snapped these photos, Vitalino (the guy in the blue sweatshirt) yelled to his buddy in Spanish asking if he thought it would be crazy to hook the truck up to the front part of the house and pull it down. I smiled and told him I thought it would be crazy but would be fun to see (in English) and his eyes lit up. Calmer heads seem to have prevailed, though. They're taking it down by hand so we can be sure to have all the lumber in good shape to reuse or recycle.

The race is on since we're due for 3 days of rain &/or snow. We're hoping to be able to reuse the oak flooring, so that's the only real reason we're a bit concerned about what happens today before the weather worsens.

1 comment:

  1. This is great---I'm so glad to see that poor old house make way for a new home! I'm glad to even be seeing it on my first blog. We'll have fun watching the progress...I'm sure the neighbors are happy too!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete